Thursday, February 14, 2008

Blog Evolved

Just in case you had not noticed (you’re visiting the blog for the first time). I recently started my own publishing house to produce PDF and print on demand products for Monte Cook’s Arcana Evolved. Mostly out a desire, as a fan not to see the game die.

This blog however was not set up to be a soapbox for a publisher, but to be the soapbox of a fan that had way to much free time.

I find that I am spending more and more time doing things like working with embedded fonts in a PDF to make sure Lulu.com can print them properly, than I am thinking about what would be really cool in the AE world. Also when I do come up with a cool idea I have to make a choice between, hey that would be good in product X, or a web enhancement for a product, or hey how about Diamondthrone.com, the Infinite Library or my blog.

It gets even worse when I am hashing out an idea, I feel weird if I hash out an idea on the board, as the moment I do, I feel that it can never go into a product.

In the end I a have decided that the blog can serve in a number of ways, without just becoming a press release for Rite Publishing, it will help me flesh out web enhancements, they will appear here in a raw amateur form. I can also do the setting specific ideas that would never do as well in a published product. I have been doing this a great deal for the for the default section of the Lands of the Diamond Throne where my planned adventure path is set.

If I make a posting for Rite Publishing it will be a one line posting.

“Rite Publishing has released a preview of the Ritefury for its monster supplement Mythical Monstrosities”

Next time more detail for the Edgelands, Far-Rough and the occasional setting specific game mechanic.

No comments: