Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stangers to the Jade Oath Part II




More Brainstorming as I look at the tropes and underlying themes of my Wuxia Adventure! you can find part I HERE

Flying leaps: this is a huge part of a Wuxia style adventure I will be including/encouraging the use of  magical tems that let payers, fly, leap and climb with supernatural skill to simulate this stye, in this adventure the laws of gravity are bent and broken.

Training Montage!: How do I introduce training yet still maintain player intrest, my fris thought is to Handave it offstage, but I think better yet would be a set of teachers who test these foreign visitors to see if they are worth admititng to thier school, I think if one can show there is a great benfit to joining the school and also require gaining acceptance to some form of school in order to advance the story (not for them to advance in experiance, as some training rules have been used.) 

Secrets of the Seven Star Palm: theft of school secrets, play a big role in wuxia films I think I am going  to need to come up with a ceremonial Feat/Combat Ritual/Prestige class or perhaps a magical item that is "technique" similar to a legacy weapon.  

Fame and Infamy:  people talk, people write down stories and tell the results of your battle to everyoe and thier brother, notices of infamous members of the wuxia socities are posted for all to read.  Soon everyone knows your Name,  every NPC has a nickname every player will quicky be givin one if htey don't choose one, a name will quicky be given to a players fighting style and everyone will have a name for thier style, the common folk will quickly given your distinctive weapon a name, even if you don't, They will also  all have signature moves, known allies, known teachers, and famous opponents they have defeated and notable deed.  

I also want to put in some kind of reminder that the "common" folk,  showing the stratified culture that if you step out of place you will be put to death.

Gender if Fluid:  Eunchs, (my evil channcelor), Man disquised as a  woman, a woman disguised as a man. 

1 comment:

LMPjr007 said...

I think you are hanging an image issue.